There are 24 hours in one day.
24 hours = 1440 minutes = 86400 seconds.
86400 seconds to eat, sleep, work, and spend time with friends and family.
And then there’s everything else:
- Watch funny goat videos on Facebook and YouTube.
- Share photos on Instagram and Twitter of the delicious cheeseburger and fries we ate for lunch.
- Go to the gym to work off the delicious cheeseburger and fries we ate for lunch.
- Mow the lawn, and clean the house.
- Pick the kids up from school, and take them to Ultimate Frisbee practice.
- Watch the latest episodes of Game of Thrones and House of Cards.
The list goes on and on and on and on…
The truth is that there are simply not enough seconds in the day for all the things we want or need to do.
But wait, there’s more…
Others want some our seconds as well:
- Political candidates want us to watch their profuse campaign ads.
- Professors want us to read their prolonged course overviews.
- Salesmen want us to listen to their long-winded sales pitches.
- Suitors want us to read their verbose dating profiles.
What are we to do when they attempt to use our time? We give them 60 seconds.
We let them give us the information in 60 seconds or less, so we can get back to living our lives.
That’s it and that’s all.
60secondz exists to ensure we spend more of our precious 86400 seconds each day on us, not them.